NAME: CYNTHIA KIMBALL
TYPE OF CANCER: MULTIPLE MYELOMA
YEAR OF DIAGNOSIS: 2014
- WHAT MADE YOU GO TO THE DOCTOR TO DETERMINE YOUR DIAGNOSIS?
I was experiencing fatigue, as well as a possible thought of maybe being anemic. After testing and various other things, the bone marrow biopsy confirmed diagnosis of multiple myeloma.
- HOW DID YOU FEEL WHEN YOU WERE DIAGNOSED?
I was surprised and took it for what the doctors told me. I was not depressed, just shocked.
- WHAT/WHO DID YOU TURN TO AS YOU WERE GOING THROUGH TREATMENTS?
My husband was my biggest supporter, but my church family as well. They prayed a lot for me.
- AS A CLIENT OF DPC, HOW DID WE ASSIST YOU?
You helped me get in touch with the right organizations and support groups and gas milage back and forth to the hospital.
- DO YOU HAVE ANY ADVICE OR WORDS OF WISDOM TO SOMEONE WHO IS NEWLY DIAGNOSED?
First of all, do not get discouraged or panic. Listen to what your doctor has to say, and express your feelings.
- WHAT IS YOUR OUTLOOK ON LIFE NOW?
It has not changed; my positive outlook has remained the same. My diagnosis has not really limited my activities or anything. I was much better after getting over the fatigue when I was newly diagnosed. I still enjoy going out and vacationing.